||This rule just plain sucks. It needs a complete overhaul in order to be useful. We don't want to deprecate it, so get cracking on a revision, slacker!
||One minute per school rank
The mage makes one creature or object exceptionally buoyant. If already in a body of water, the target rises at a steady pace to the surface, finding it hard to return to the depths. Each round the spell is in effect, a Might check must be made to dive under the surface/continue swimming. The target, however fast it rises, is not subject to problems arising from changing water pressure (including exploding lungs and eardrums). The target rises a number of feet each round dependent on Intensity.
- 5 feet per round. (Casual speed.)
- 10 feet per round. (Not-so-casual speed.)
- 20 feet per round. (Hasty speed.)
- 40 feet per round. (Ramming speed.)
- 80 feet per round. (It's a rocketship!)