- Night Child: Being primarily nocturnal, the shou possess the same reflective layer behind their retinas as many species of animals. They can see well in all but pitch darkness.
- Keen Senses: The shou have impressive smell and hearing, receiving a +4 to Perception checks involving these senses. Their range for these senses is twice that of a human (a shou can halve Perception distance penalties). They can hear sounds one octave higher than humans.
- Balanced Beastie: Shou are nimble and dexterous. They tend to land on their feet, leap good distances, and tumble about with ease. They gain a +2 bonus to Gymnastics.
Societal Powers: Choose one of the following.
- Attuned Spirit – The shou have one foot in the spiritual door. A shou receives a +2 to Clairvoyance to detect the presence of supernatural phenomena.
- Hightail It – A shou on the hunt is trained to run like a bat out of hell. They receive a +2 bonus to Dash while pursuing a creature or being pursued by a creature.
- Predator – Shou can stalk their prey for miles. They receive a +2 bonus to Search while tracking a creature, and are capable of doing so over surprising distances and at their full Speed.