||This rule simply needs to be tested. It may be almost perfect, or it may need a bit of work. We think it's pretty good, but it hasn't been really tested. Leave any feedback on the Talk page, please!
The mage turns a creature into solid rock. Only creatures composed of organic matter can be affected by this spell (e.g. flesh, wood, chitin). A mage can petrify a creature whether it be living, dead, or undead. For the target, this process seems like falling asleep. If a petrified creature is Reverted, any damage sustained while petrified persists. Any person that takes their HP in damage while petrified dies, and any attempts to Revert the spell will fail. The size of the targeted creature depends on the Intensity.
- Size −2 and below (how do you think they make garden gnomes?)
- Size 0 and below (most humanoids)
- Size 3 and below (…and the horse they rode in on)
- Size 6 and below (T. Rex? more like T. Rocks!)
- Any size creature (how they really built the Colossus of Rhodes)