An Attack Roll is the main way to deal damage to an opponent in combat: is game terms, your character smacks them with whatever weapon he or she is carrying.
You can at times apply miscellaneous bonuses to your attack roll:
- If you or an ally uses the Inspirational trump
- If you perform a successful Feint
- If you Charge, you can add +2
- The Momentum trump adds +4 instead of +2 for charging
- Trumps like Brawler and Duelist both add +2 in different circumstances
There are also several spells that grant a bonus to your Attack Roll.
A Called Shot imposes a penalty on the attack roll.